Accidents happen. Sometimes they can’t be avoided. Other times, these accidents are due to the negligence of others. Whether the accident was due to a car accident, or due to a simple slip and fall because a property owner failed to correct a known issue, or due to negligent security, you may find yourself in the hospital, in great pain, or facing a lot of medical bills due to the accident. Because of it, you are considering seeking out a personal injury lawyer or law firm who can help you resolve this case. It can be hard to find a personal injury lawyer who has the expertise and the knowledge to help resolve a case in a manner that best represents your needs. In this blog post, we will go over how to choose a personal injury lawyer who can help you with your claim and give you the service you deserve.
How to Choose a Lawyer
Before learning how to choose a personal injury lawyer, it’s important to note that having a successful claim does not translate to finding a lawyer on a commercial or a billboard. That shouldn’t end your quest for the perfect lawyer. As someone who will be represented by a personal injury lawyer, you should understand that having an attorney with the best experience over gimmicks, such as billboards, TV ads promising lottery-type results, is a priority. It is what’s most important in getting your life back on track and recovering max results on your respective case.
So without further ado, here’s how to choose a personal injury lawyer who can help you with your personal injury claim.
1. Ask a Friend
It’s important that you ask a friend if they know anyone who could represent your case. You’d be surprised how many people may have experienced the same situation you’re in, even among your friends. Word-of-mouth is one of the best ways to find a personal injury attorney who could best represent you.
2. Research Attorneys Online
Research attorneys online to find the one that could best represent you. There are tons of online resources that could help you find the right attorney. Each state has its own bar association, and all lawyers are registered there. You can check their status on one of these websites.
You can also use Google Maps, too find personal injury lawyers near you. It’s there where you can see reviews and check them out. That leads us to our next point.
3. Check Reviews
You want to make sure you read reviews to get a good feel for the lawyer or law firm that you are looking for. This doesn’t mean to just read Google reviews, but also Facebook and other places to get a feel for how the lawyer treats their clients.
4. Ask to Know Your Lawyer’s Experience
Another important facet in how to choose a personal injury lawyer is to ask to know the extent of your lawyer’s background to get a feel for the cases they have won, worked on and the law firms that they have worked for. You want to make sure that they have the experience and expertise to fight your case.
5. Ask if They Handle Such Cases
Ask if they can handle such cases. It’s a simple question and 9 times out of 10, they can handle your case once you get to this point. Personal injury law if very fact-oriented, so you want to make sure that the lawyer you picked is fact-driven to help build your case. But you also need to make sure this area of personal injury law they have litigated before. Here’s a rundown of common areas of personal injury law, so you have the details you need:
- Automotive & Vehicular: Seasoned car accident attorneys can help you whether you were in an automobile accident, a truck accident, or were harmed as a pedestrian.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice is professional negligence, where the care that’s provided does not match the accepted standards of medical practice. You will need to find experienced medical malpractice attorneys.
- Slip & Fall Accidents: Despite our best efforts, sometimes we end up needing a helping hand to help us up after a fall. You can find a skilled slip and fall lawyers who can assist you after an injury.
- Nursing Home Abuse & Elder Neglect: Finding out that a loved one may be hurting due to neglect or abuse is heartbreaking. You will want to find a nursing home abuse attorney with the experience and knowledge to help protect your loved one so this doesn’t happen again.
- Negligent Security: Do you need a negligent security lawyer in Florida? Most prudent lawyers or law firms will have skilled attorneys ready to help.
- Church Safety and Liability: As church legal liability lawyers, a law firm would help advise churches on legal security for such things as safety and security.
The Simmons Law Group: Your Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’re still trying to figure out how to choose a personal injury lawyer in Orlando, Florida, then look no further then Attorney James Simmons and The Simmons Law Group. We have successfully defended countless personal injury cases, from car accidents to medical malpractice; from slip and fall to nursing home abuse. We are here to fight for you as a personal injury lawyer.
When you need help, remember the name: James Simmons, your LEGAL CHAMPION! Contact us today if you’re ready to have us fight the good fight on your behalf at [company_phone].